Soundgarden released 134 tracks during the two eras they were an active band, and now the website Vulture has attempted to rank each one of them (including the numerous covers they did).
The number-one choice might be a shock to some fans — “4th of July” from Superunknown. The site says, “It’s everything great about Soundgarden in a single, five-minute package.” Not surprisingly, the top of the list is heavy on tracks from Superunknown and Badmotorfinger.
Here’s the Top 10:
- “4th of July” from Superunknown
- “Outshined” from Badmotorfinger
- “Black Hole Sun” from Superunknown
- “Slaves and Bulldozers” from Badmotorfinger
- “Rusty Cage” from Badmotorfinger
- “Gun” from Louder Than Love
- “Beyond the Wheel” from Ultramega OK
- “Fell on Black Days” from Superunknown
- “Tighter and Tighter” from Down on the Upside
- “Mailman” from Superunknown
FOR THE FULL LIST – CLICK HERE
[Photo: Andrew Evans / PR Photos]